About Fermoyle National School
Near the shore of Lough Ree in Lanesborough, County Longford stands Fermoyle National School. It has a commanding setting close to the crown of the hill with a beautiful, peaceful countryside spread out all around it. It is a co-educational school.
Our teachers are Ms. Patricia Boyce (School Principal), Ms Mary Belton (Deputy Principal), Mr Sean McCormack (Assisstant Principal 2), Ms Luana Kiernan, Mrs Briege Clarke and Ms Marian Lynch.
SNA Staff: Tina Dowd and Deirdre Forde.
Secretary: Emer O’Brien
Caretaker: Sean Kenny
The school is managed by a Board of Management with both parent and teacher representation. Annual Parent/Teacher meetings are held in the school.
Fermoyle National School is now firmly in the 21st Century with the latest in computer technology, a great testimony of sporting achievements and academic excellence. Our school is actively involved in sports and activities such as football, soccer, hurling, basketball, swimming, tag rugby, athletics, Debating, Scór, Music, Féile Ceoil and Spelling Bee.
We participate in all the local leagues and blitzes with a high degree of success. Our school cabinet proudly displays our many shields and trophies from these competitions.
• We create within our school community an atmosphere/ethos of trust which values, respects and protects the rights of each of its members to be within a safe and secure environment
• We aim to provide all of our pupils with the highest standard of education, with equal opportunities, regardless of gender, afforded to all members of the school organisation
• We promote equality and fairness
• We support inclusiveness for children with a disability or other special need
• We help each child to have respect for diversity of values, beliefs, traditions, languages and ways of life in society
• We help each child to form values, establish behaviours and make decisions within a moral, spiritual and social framework
• We encourage positive communication between Parent and Teacher